At The Women?s Center, we offer state-of-the-art technology to provide the best care possible for you and your baby. Some of the services we provide are:
- Prepared Childbirth, Breastfeeding and Infant CPR Classes as well as a Parenting Class.
- Private Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Post-Partum Rooms (LDRs) rooms with a bathroom and shower.
- Fetal monitoring, with central system located in the nursing station and viewing capabilities in all LDR?s
- C-section suite located in Labor and Delivery with 24-hour operating room staff availability
- 24-hour anesthesia availability for c-sections and/or epidurals
- 24 hour ultrasonography and radiology availability
- Recliners in all LDR?s for fathers or significant others
- Rooming-in flexibility which allows mothers to keep infants with them at all times, provided mother and infant are stable
- A lactation consultant Breast pump rentals
- Board Certified Obstetricians, Pediatricians and Nurse Practitioner
- A competent and qualified nursing staff that is neonatal resuscitation certified
- A Level II Nursery with Intensive Care Nursery availability
- Appropriate resources available for transport to a Level III nursery for care of high risk and/or infants with special needs
- Security locks in the nursery and surveillance cameras in the unit
- Gourmet Celebration Dinner
Prepared Childbirth Series
To be taken in your last trimester
When to register: By the sixth month of pregnancy.
To insure proper class placement please register early.
A series of four 2-hour classes held once a week for 4 weeks.
- Stages of labor
- Comfort measures during labor
- Progressive relaxation
- Breathing exercises
- Basic postpartum and infant care
- Tour of The Women?s Center
- 4 exciting video?s
- Plus much more
Teaching session held on an individual basis and may be taken prior to delivery or during your hospital stay.
May be taken anytime during pregnancy
When to register: Preferably in the last three months of pregnancy.
One 2 to 3-hour class is held monthly.
- Advantages of breastfeeding
- The how-to?s of breastfeeding
- Common problems encountered and their prevention/treatment
- Changes in breasts during pregnancy
?Early Bird? Class
To be taken in 1st trimester.
One 3-hour class.
- Anatomy and psychology as related to pregnancy discomforts
- Fetal development
- Nutrition and exercise
- Decisions to be made
One 1-hour class.
For prospective big brothers and sisters to help prepare for the ?new arrival".
Other Women's Services:
The Julius Hermes Breast Care Center